Guide On Choosing The Right Kitchen Sink For Yourself
Know the different materials used in making the sinks
You will be astonished to know that there is a vast variety of materials by which the kitchen sinks are made. These materials have been listed below –
- Ceramic – these sinks have been the most popular of them all as they are heat resistant as well as cold resistant. However, you can damage such sinks by adding heavy utensils or cutlery.
- Stainless steel -these sinks are the most durable and quite easy to install as well as they don’t require any kind of support. They are heat, chipping, cracking resistant and that is why they stay clean for the longest time.
- Granite – these sinks are the most beautiful and yet durable. They will provide you with heat, chipping, and cold resistance. They are obtainable in a variety of designs.
Many companies offer a variety of sinks and their installation. Pimp My Sink is one such company which offers a variety of services. They are popular due to high quality products they offer. Feel free to visit their website to know more.
What is the configuration like?
The various configuration options while choosing a sink are listed below –
- Size – the purpose of the sink must be kept in mind in order to determine the size of it. Usually, people go for smaller sinks for just washing their hands.
- Number of bowls – this depends on the magnitude of your kitchen. A larger kitchen usually has two bowls.
- Bowl orientation – one must figure out the relation between disposer, sink and the dishwasher in order to determine the bowl orientation.
- Depth of the bowl – the height and the comfort of the person should be kept in considerations.
- Number of holes – you can choose the holes ranging from one to five. Extra accessories can be installed as well.
After you have selected the right sink, mounting is to be done. There are three kinds of mounting the drop-in sinks, the under mounting sinks, and last but not the least is the tile-in-tile mounting.